Do you lack the funding required to conduct research study abroad? Then, this opportunity is for you! Apply now for the DAAD GSSP Scholarships for International Students at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain in Germany for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship is backed by DAAD and is offered to international research students that want to undertake their studies at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain. The school will choose candidates and will provide them tuition fees, stipends, travel allowances, medical insurance, etc.
Amazing opportunity for overseas students in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The Berlin School of Mind and Brain is a graduate institution of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU Berlin). It is an international and interdisciplinary graduate research school. It was established in 2006. The school is supported by funding through the Excellence Initiative.
Why choose to study at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain? Berlin School of Mind and Brain has established itself as an important center of cooperation between human, social, and neurosciences, with great national and international impact. It is a founding member of the Einstein Center for Neurosciences Berlin (ECN), founded in 2016.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 15th January 2022.
- University or Organization: Berlin School of Mind and Brain
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Tuition fee, Stipend, and other allowances
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a doctoral study programme at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be admitted to the applied programme at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are required to have submitted an online admission application. The school’s committee will then shortlist students for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Research proposal
- Letter of motivation
- Recommendation letters
- Transcripts of records for your bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- Certificates/diplomas of studies completed
- Admission Requirements: Students must hold relevant bachelor or master qualifications and must have a strong research proposal.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL: Internet-based test: 94. Paper-based test:
- IELTS (Academic): 0(computer-based tests in a local testing center, paper-based, or taken online)
- DAAD Language Certificate: Bin all test sections
The selected students will be provided the following benefits during their study periods at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain:
- scholarship installments of € 1,200 per month;
- travel allowance to and from Germany
- payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- a research allowance of € 460 resp. €230 (from developed countries) per year
- under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits such as monthly rent subsidy, monthly allowance for accompanying family members (about € 200 child allowance per child and about € 275 marriage allowance)
- a German language course (if desired and possible with respect to the starting date of the scholarship)
- a material resource and supervision allowance of currently € 1,000 per year, which is paid upon application to your supervisor’s lab