DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is offering a wonderful opportunity for Sub-Saharan African Students through its In-Region PhD Scholarship Program at AIMS in South Africa.
The program aims to promote active, internationally-oriented higher education systems with the potential to contribute to sustainable development in Sub-Saharan Africa.
User Review( votes)
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is one of the centres of excellence for training, research, and public engagement. It enables the continent’s youth to shape the continent’s future through Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) education.
Why at African Institute for Mathematical Sciences? At this university, students have the opportunity to pursue a one-year structured Master’s program in Mathematical Sciences. This program enables a critical mass of African academics, researchers and entrepreneurs on the cutting-edge of (STEM).
Application Deadline: November 8, 2019 and February 7, 2020
- University or Organization: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan African Students
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries excluding South Africa are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Have successfully completed generally a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above-average results (upper forth of class)
- Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country, excluding South Africa
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must submit an online application through the application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants have to submit the following documents-
- Hand-signed curriculum vitae.
- Letter of admission for the host university/institution/ network.
- To support their document candidates need to submit certified copies of the university, degree certificates including transcript and copy of the passport.
- Admission Requirements: You must meet the entry requirements for taking admission in the university.
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees annually- the regularly charged amount (in ZAR)
- Study and research allowance annually-920 EUR
- Printing allowance once at the end- 800 EUR
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food, etc.)- 500, – EUR
- Travel allowance (In-Region only) twice (beginning/ end of the program) The flat-rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of award Insurance annually 4.400,- ZAR