The Data Science, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship International award is intended to encourage outstanding students to get higher education at the University of Strathclyde in the UK. The program is open for the academic session 2020/2021.
The educational award assists international students who want to study management and policy aspects of science, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Nice offer for international students to receive a full fee waiver and an annual stipend of circa £15,000.
User Review( votes)
The University of Strathclyde is a leading international technological university that offers various degree programmes. It is recognized on the international level for its innovative research, teaching, and student support.
Why study at the University of Strathclyde? The university gives students to bring a range of skills that they have gained outside of their studies and support them in their career aims. At this university, candidates will gain a flexible, innovative learning environment as well as a first-class teaching experience.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Strathclyde
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: £15,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards:1
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate research program in Entrepreneurship and Business.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have an excellent undergraduate degree with Honours (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant social science subject (business and management, economics, sociology, or any other cognate discipline).
- Applicants with an engineering or science background, who demonstrate a strong interest in the topic are also welcome. A Master’s degree (or equivalent) on a relevant subject is not essential but it would strengthen the application.
- Have a strong interest or previous experience of studying science, innovation, and entrepreneurship management or policy.
- Must have prior knowledge and/or a strong willingness to learn advanced data science approaches (including but not limited to bibliometrics, patent analysis, advanced statistics, social network analysis, natural language processing, and machine learning), as well as the ability to conduct research with a mixed-method, approaches blending data science and qualitative methods.
- Have prior knowledge and/or a strong willingness to learn data science tools and frameworks (e.g. R or Python).
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- A demonstrable aptitude to undertake research and develop into an independent researcher.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity , candidates must take admission at the University of Strathclyde. After that, applicants must upload the following documents through an online application.
- Supporting Documents: Applications should include a cover letter, an outline research proposal, an up-to-date CV, relevant qualification transcripts (e.g. undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree), two references, and (Optional) English language test results (can be completed later).
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must check the entry requirements of the programme.
- Language Requirement: Excellent written and oral English language skills.
The program will cover the following benefits:
- For UK/EU citizens/residents: Full fee waiver and an annual stipend of circa £15,000 for 42 months.
- Non-For UK/EU citizens/residents: Fee waiver at UK/EU rate and an annual stipend of circa £15,000 for 42 months. The remainder of fees (circa £11,000 per annum) should be financed by the candidate or an external sponsor.
- The university also welcomes self-funded or externally funded applications.