To nurture the talent of international students, Singapore Management University is offering the Dato’ Kho Hui Meng Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
The grant is established and initiated by the Board of Trustees at Singapore Management University for domestic and international applicants who want to undertake an undergraduate programme at SMU. The award will be given towards the overall cost of undergraduate study at SMU.
Singapore Management University will provide up to $87,400 for high-achieving international students.
User Review( votes)
Singapore Management University is a public research university, one of the top, at that, ranked 511-520 in QS Global World Rankings 2021 and aspired to generate leading-edge research with global impact and produce broad-based, creative, and entrepreneurial leaders for the knowledge-based economy.
Why study at Singapore Management University? Singapore Management University is committed to an interactive, participative and technologically enabled learning experience. At SMU, students are encouraged to speak their minds and share them through active participation in the classroom. It provides all students equal opportunities to gain global exposure. Students can engage in various internships and earn while they learn to gain valuable indigents for their future careers.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Singapore Management University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $87,400
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestics an International
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: All international applicants from any overseas country, especially Singapore and Malaysia, are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All undergraduate level courses and subjects offered by SMU are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The candidates must be full-time first-year undergraduates enrolled in any degree programme.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must fill the online application form to complete the application process. The applicants must indicate their interest in the Scholarship section of the online application form for admission. There is no separate application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Minimum 12 years of formal education and passing score in nationally/ internationally recognized examination
- Official high school transcripts
- Secondary school examination certificate
- Results of high school examination
- School Testimonials/ Awards Received/ Records of Extracurricular Participation/ Special Achievements, etc.
- Medical reports showing disability or major illness, if any
- Copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: Students must attempt SAT or ACT and score a minimum of 1350 and 29 respectively to get into SMU.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 100
- TOEFL PBT – 600
- IELTS – 7.5
- C1 Advanced – 191
The selected students will be given $87,400 towards subsidized tuition fees, study-related expenses, and provisions for University-approved overseas student programmes for up to 4 years of study.