The City University of London is dispensing a marvellous opportunity through its Doctoral Studentships for the academic session 2021-2022. The educational award is available for UK, EU, and international students.
The programme supports excellent students who wish to pursue cutting-edge research in the area of Artificial Intelligence in (SMCSE) at City, University of London.
Students will receive an annual bursary (£18,000 per year), full Tuition fees and travel budget.
User Review( votes)
City, University of London is ranked as the 351st best university in the world that offers a professional, high-quality career and information service for students. It offers bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees as well as certificates and diplomas.
Why would you like to study at the City, University of London? The university is committed to academic excellence focused on business and the professions and located in the heart of London. At this university, students have many options to make their career in any interesting field.
Application Deadline: August 9, 2020
- University or Organization: City University of London
- Department: Department of Computer Science
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: £18,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree program in Artificial Intelligence.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science or Artificial Intelligence. Exceptionally, we can consider applications from those with a good Master’s degree in a relevant subject or extensive professional experience in the area of the proposed research.
- Be proficient in Python, have a strong experience in Deep Learning, and in-depth understanding of Mathematics for AI.
- Must have an interest in behavioural neuroscience (learning theory, computational cognitive science).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity , candidates must have to take admission in the Doctoral degree program at City, University of London. The online application can be found in the how to apply section on the Computer Science research degree page. Candidates are encouraged to discuss your application in advance with Dr Michael Garcia-Ortiz (Michael.Garcia-Ortiz-at-city.ac.uk).
- Supporting Documents: Applications must include supporting documents such as copies of degree certificates and transcripts in official English translation, official work e-mail addresses (not private ones) for two referees, personal CV and personal statement.
- Admission Requirements: Students on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge research.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English must meet at least one of the following:
- Must have a minimum IELTS overall score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four components.
- Have a minimum TOEFL total score of 99, with a minimum of 22 in each of the four components
Eligible students will receive doctoral studentship that will provide:
- An annual bursary (£18,000 per year).
- Full Tuition fees for Home / EU applicants. Overseas applicants are also very welcome to apply but they must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between overseas (non-UK/Home) and home (UK/EU) tuition fees (please see the Computer Science research degree page SMCSE fees).
- Travel budget.