Applications are invited for East Asian Circle of Applied Technology Foundation funding for International Asian Students at the University of Tokyo in Japan. The studentships are available to pursue graduate degree programme.
The University of Tokyo abbreviated as Todai or UTokyo, is a public research university located in Bunkyo, Tokyo, often cited as the most prestigious university in Japan. Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked the University of Tokyo 1st in Asia and 20th in the world in 2012.
User Review( votes)
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: February 10(Sat), 2018
- Course Level: award is available for the graduate programme.
- Study Subject: award is awarded in the field of science and engineering.
- Award: Scholarship of Amount: 30,000 JPY/month will be awarded, Duration: one year from April 2018 to March 2019.
- Nationality: Students from Asian countries are eligible
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given.
- The award can be taken in Japan
Eligible Countries: International students from Asian countries are eligible.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a
- Privately financed international students from Asian countries, studying at a graduate school in the field of science and engineering as regular students.
- Those who are not receiving more than 150,000 JPY from other foundations
- Those who are able to attend the monthly seminar hosted by the foundation (in principle, the second Sunday of each month).
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit the following documents directly to the foundation.
(1) Application form (Foundation form)
(2) Research theme and plan in Japanese, up to 1,000 characters
(3) Certificate of enrollment
(4) Academic transcript
(5) Copy of your passport (copy of a page with your photo)
For details, see the Application Guidelines(only in Japanese)