The University of Melbourne is proud to offer the European Research Council Starting Grants to talented students in Australia. This grant is open for the academic year 2022/2023.
The purpose of this application is to support high potential domestic and international students who want to undertake the research programme at the university.
The University of Melbourne, founded in 1853, is a public-spirited university that makes significant contributions to society via research, learning, teaching, and engagement. It enrols over 9,700 undergraduate and 2,400 graduate students and offers a variety of undergraduate, honours, graduate, and research degrees.
Why study at the University of Melbourne? Students will receive a world-class education and professional prospects while attending this university, which is located in a safe and welcoming setting. Away from academics, they have numerous opportunities to relax and enjoy themselves.
Application Deadline: January 13, 2022
- University or Organization: The University of Melbourne
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Awards: up to $4,000,000
- Number of Awards: At least 400
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Australian and international students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in all study areas offered by the University of Melbourne.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants need to:
- Have 2 – 7 years of experience since the completion of a PhD
- Present a project which is conducted in a public or private research organisation. This could be where the applicant already works, or any other host organisation located in one of the EU Member States or Associated Countries
- Researchers from anywhere in the world can apply for ERC grants provided the research they undertake will be carried out in an EU Member State or Associated Country.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: for applying, you must take admission in the research program at the university. After that, you can complete the online application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit copies of academic transcripts, degree certificates, and curriculum vitae (CV) in support of their application.
- Admission Requirements: Applicant must have previous degree certificates with excellent academic achievements.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The University of Melbourne will provide an award amount up to $4,000,000 to the successful candidates. Starting Grants may be awarded up to €1.5 million for a period of 5 years (pro-rata for projects of shorter duration). However, an additional €1 million can be made available to cover eligible start-up costs for researchers moving from a third country to the EU or an associated country and/or the purchase of major equipment and/or access to large facilities and/or other major experimental and fieldwork costs.