Exeter Centre of Doctoral Training (CDT) award is an exclusive opportunity to enjoy a PhD degree programme at the University of Exeter in the UK for the academic session 2020/2021. The funding programme is available for UK and EU students.
The programme encourages excellent students who want to undertake a postgraduate research degree in the manipulation of sound using metamaterials and metasurfaces.
Golden chance for UK and EU students to get a 4-year studentship at the University of Exeter for session 2020/2021.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1955, the University of Exeter is a well-established public research university in England that provides education at undergraduate, masters and research level in a variety of subjects. It offers world-class facilities and small enough to nurture a community based on the pursuit of academic excellence.
Why would you like to study at the University of Exeter? The university provides many options to gain career management skills and the possibility of work placements. Here candidates can come to the forefront in the professional world and get employment opportunities.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Exeter
- Department: Departments of Physics and Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £105,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: UK/EU Students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in Metamaterials.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (minimum 2:1).
- Vision and motivation (for research & professional development).
- Have evidence of the ability to work collaboratively and to engage in a diverse community.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to gain access to the application system, candidates first have to take admission in a postgraduate research degree. After that, applicants can apply online using the application portal.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit degree transcripts, an academic CV, a cover letter, a personal statement, and the contact details of two academic referees.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, you need to meet entry requirements for your chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you should provide evidence of English language ability: IELTS, TOEFL, or other acceptable proof. Please see the English Language Requirements section for more details.
The University of Exeter will offer a 4-year studentship (value approx. £105,000) that is externally funded by an industry partner. It is of value around £105,000, which includes £13,000 towards the research project (travel, consumables, equipment, etc.), tuition fees, and an annual, tax-free stipend of approximately £16,500 per year for UK/EU students.