The African Academy of Sciences and Royal Society are jointly providing the FLAIR Fellowships for talented applicants who have the potential to become leaders in their field.
The scholarship aims to support African researchers to establish their scientific independence, focus on developing their research and become experts in their chosen discipline.
The African Academy of Sciences is a non-aligned, non-political, not-for-profit pan African organization whose vision is to see transformed lives on the African continent through science.
Why should you join this program? They help you to become a professional in your field and will contribute to the development of world-class research capacities within your host organization.
Application Deadline: May 27, 2020
- University or Organization: African Academy of Sciences, Royal Society, Zimbabwe Women’s Resource Centre Network
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Fellowship
- Award: Up to £45,000 per year and other
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan African country students
- The award can be taken in Zimbabwe
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Research in natural sciences, which includes but is not limited to biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics, global challenge.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Are a national of a sub-Saharan African country
- Hold a PhD by the time you apply
- Are an early career researcher with a minimum of two years of research experience since completing your PhD and no more than eight years of post-doctoral research experience
- Wish to hold the fellowship in a research institution in an Official Development Assistance (ODA) eligible sub-Saharan African country
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To book your place in the program, aspirants have to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates have to submit academic transcripts of all the previous school attended.
- Admission Requirements: To capture this educational award, students ought to have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have a piece of sufficient knowledge in English and African language.
- This scheme provides an award of up to £150,000 per year for two years in the first instance, covering:
- Research Fellow’s salary, up to £45,000 per year.
- Research expenses
- Institutional overhead, up to £15,000 per year