Forrest Research Organisation has established the Forrest PhD Positionsto provide financial support and professional development opportunities to bright international students in Australia.
The scholarship programme is conducted at 5 universities of Western Australia for a PhD degree study in any discipline in Australia. The scholarship will ensure a yearly stipend and provide other miscellaneous expenses.
The Forrest Research Organisation, established in 2014, is a foundation that seeks to attract outstanding minds from across the world to Western Australia to participate in high-quality research.
Why choose to study in Australia? Australia is the third most popular destination for international students because of its cultural diversity, friendly natives, and high quality of education. Education institutes in Australia offer a wide variety of courses and degrees, so international students can easily find the school and field that are right for them.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Forrest Research Organisation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $28,597
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Australia and foreign countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme at Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University, Notre Dame University (Fremantle Campus), and The University of Western Australia is eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have applied for the PhD enrolment as an international student based in the WA campus of any of the five specified universities.
- The applicants must typically be in the top 5% of students in their graduating class.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply to any university via its respective application process. Students can log in here and apply for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copies of all academic transcripts
- Contact details of four referees – three academic and one personal
- Passport size photo
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a bachelor’s degree of First Class Honours standard or equivalent, such as a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.8/4.0 and must meet the entry requirements of the respective university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the English language proficiency tests required by the university. TOEFL and IELTS are widely accepted.
The winners of the PD Scholarship will be rewarded a monthly stipend of $28,597, a travel allowance up to $12,000, and accommodation expenses valued at $21,447 for the complete duration of their course.