Central Queensland University has a mind-blowing scholarship named as PhD Scholarships in Energy Management Systems. This is a very helpful scheme for international students who want to start a PhD degree programme at the university.
The purpose of the scholarship is to carry out research and propose an optimized operation strategy for solar-powered water and sewage treatment plants for Whitsunday Regional Council.
User Review( votes)
Central Queensland University, founded in 1967, has over 35 000 students scattered over 24 sites and locations around Australia. It offers students a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and research degree programmes.
Why study at Central Queensland University? The institution provides a variety of degree-level courses, as well as numerous academic and financial support opportunities. Students who enroll at CQUniversity will benefit from project-based learning and job placements.
Application Deadline: 30 September 2021
- University or Organization: Central Queensland University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $27,609 stipend per year
- Number of Awards: One
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PHD in energy management systems in advanced microgrids for residential, commercial, and industrial buildings
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The candidate must be available to undertake the research full-time on campus while being stationed in the CQUniversity Gladstone campus.
- The candidate should also be prepared to visit Planet Ark in Brisbane and other selected Micro Grid sites as and when required to study the implementation aspects of Micro Grid Management algorithms developed and collect data.
- The candidate must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia, or an international applicant eligible for a student visa for temporary residence and already be living in Australia at the time of application due to travel restrictions that are currently in place in Australia due to COVID-19.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the programme, students must have to take admission in the PhD degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Email your CV and a write up addressing selection criteria to Dr. Sanath Alahakoon ([email protected]), Discipline leader – electrical engineer academic transcripts, personal identification document e.g. passport
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must check the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have to provide evidence that they meet the English requirement e.g. an English test result.
Students will get the award amount of $27,609 stipend per year. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in collaboration with research leaders in all the linking organizations. He/she will be developing energy management solutions for advanced microgrids which will be field-tested through the microgrids operated by Planet Ark.