The IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is seeking eight talented doctoral candidates for its Fully-funded PhD Positions in Economics, Analytics, and Decision Sciences for the academic year 2022/2023.
The EADS Program trains PhD students of all nationalities to undertake cutting-edge research in various economic and social disciplines with a unique multidisciplinary approach that relies on the unifying language of statistics and data science and selected tools from computer science and psychology.
Amazing opportunity to get financial assistance in Italy.
User Review( votes)
IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is a public research institution and a graduate school located in Lucca, Italy. It was founded in 2005 under IMT Institute for Advanced Studies, where the acronym IMT stands for Institutions, Markets, and Technologies. It offers a characteristic patrimony of competencies within the broad framework of analyzing and managing a plurality of systems.
Why study at IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca? At IMT, students will learn all of the theoretical skills and advanced tools needed to rigorously tackle a variety of analysis, design, and management problems within the broad framework of systems analysis in the economic, social, scientific, technological, and cultural domains.
Application Deadline: The last date for applications is June 30th, 2022, at noon (CEST time).
- University or Organization: IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: 8
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Italy
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Economics, Analytics, and Decision Sciences offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Demonstrated solid quantitative skills, comparable with those acquired in economics-managerial degrees
- Enthusiasm for research, critical thinking, and interest in policy-relevant
- An exciting multidisciplinary and international research environment with ample opportunities to exchange with scholars from related disciplines at international Universities
- Work under the supervision of at least one Advisor from the faculty
- Work in a team with several other doctoral candidates, postdoc researchers, and faculty.
- A tailor-made scientific training program with a wide range of courses, lectures, and seminars by leading researchers
- Mentoring, training, and career development support.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: You are welcome to submit your application through the online application system at the following link: https://www.imtlucca.it/en/phd/information-for-students.
- Supporting Documents: Students must have attached the reference letters, academic transcripts, and copy of passport, curriculum vitae, and research proposal.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree or equivalent, possibly in Economics, Management, Statistics, Law, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Logic, and Philosophy of Science, Mathematics, Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences, or in contiguous areas (to be obtained by October 31st, 2022).
- Language Requirement: Students must have excellent communication skills in the English language.
- IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca will provide fully-funded scholarships for applicants in Italy.
- A scholarship for a maximum period of 4 consecutive years
- Social security coverage
- Free accommodation on the sustainable and accessible campus (all year round)
- Free meals on campus (lunch and dinner, all year round)
- Additional research funds
- Additional international mobility funds
- Insurance coverage (liability, accident)