The University College London is looking for motivated, hard-working, bright students who wish to apply for a fully-funded PhD Studentship in Electronic Structure & Degradation of Hybrid Perovskites.
This education fund is available for UK and EU students and aims to support them in pursuing PhD degree program for the session 2021/2022.
The award includes exciting benefits that will enhance the university learning experience
User Review( votes)
On the basis of student enrollment, University College London is the third-largest university in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1826 and was the first university to admit female students. It consists of eleven faculties with modern facilities and a lovely atmosphere.
Why would you like to study at University College London? For education and research quality, this institution is ranked 8th in the world, 4th in Europe, and 1st in London. It has about 11,000 employees and 38,000 students from 150 different nationalities that express their heritage and culture here.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021
- University or Organization: University College London
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Awards: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: UK and EU
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in Electronic Structure & Degradation of Hybrid Perovskites
- Eligibility Criteria: To gain a place in this exciting programme, you must meet the requirements given below:
- The successful applicant should have or expect to achieve a 1st or 2:1 class integrated Masters degree (MEng, MSci, MChem etc.) or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate strong interest and self-motivation in the subject, good experimental practice and the ability to think analytically and creatively.
- Good computer skills, plus good presentation and writing skills in English, are required.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be awarded this application, you must successfully take admission at the university first. You will also complete an online application form for the opportunity. Please email your completed funding application to the
- Supporting Documents: Don’t forget to send the following documents together with your application for admission: A pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: It is required to have a master’s degree from a recognized college and university to get enrolled in a PhD programme at University College London.
- Language Requirement: UCL recognizes the following English language tests such as Duolingo, IELTS Indicator and TOEFL Home Edition. If your native language is not English, then you can use one of the tests given above to prove your ability.
The studentship will cover tuition fees at UK/EU rate plus a maintenance stipend about £17285 (tax free) pro rata in years 1 and 4. During years 2 and 3, the student will receive a full stipend directly from A*STAR. In addition, A*STAR will provide the student with one-off relocation allowance.