At NC State University, Goodnight Scholars Program is open for North Carolina’s top STEM talented students and encourages them to become transformational leaders in North Carolina and the world.
The program aims to help students from low and middle-income families in NC and provide them with rich and meaningful programming to prepare them for successful careers in STEM and STEM education.
A great offer for low and middle-income US students to get university education with financial support.
User Review( votes)
NC State University was founded as a leading public research university on March 7, 1887. It offers all major academic disciplines through its 12 colleges as a bachelor in 106 areas, master in 104 fields, and doctoral in 61 fields of study.
Why at NC State University? NC State recognised for its excellent study in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. As the largest university in the Carolinas, it has excellent strength in engineering, statistics, agriculture, life sciences, textiles and design.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2019
- University or Organization: NC State University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Tuition and fees, housing and meals up to $20,500 per academic year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: US Citizens
- The award can be taken in the United States
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Indicate a family income of less than $110,000 on the NC State application (confirmed via the FAFSA. See the ‘Free Application for Federal Student Aid Submission’)
- Be a North Carolina resident.
- Select a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) major or STEM education major.
- Demonstrate a history of exceptional academic performance.
- Additional criteria may be used to address critical needs in STEM and STEM education fields and encourage diversity and inclusion per the University’s strategic plan.
- Students who qualify as residents of North Carolina, as well as undocumented DACA students, are eligible to apply
- Students who are living in North Carolina and will graduate from a North Carolina high school or community college are eligible
- Students must enroll as a full-time student at NC State
- Students must check the list of eligible majors is available here.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application is accessible via Pack ASSIST. To receive an automatic invitation to apply, a student must submit the general NC State Prospective NC State students who wish to be considered for an invitation to apply may nominate themselves for consideration.
- Supporting Documents: First-year candidates for the Goodnight Scholars Program must submit their FAFSA by February 15th. Transfer candidates must submit their FAFSA by March 1st.
- Admission Requirements: All first-year and transfer Goodnight Scholars are required to enroll in GSP 250 for their first fall semester.
- Language Requirement:
The Goodnight Scholarship cover Tuition and fees, housing and meals up to $20,500 per academic year as outlined in the NC State cost of attendance for in-state undergraduate students.