At the University of Groningen, The Qumran Institute of the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies is happy to announce the call for 2020 Dirk Smilde Scholarships.
These scholarships for excellent PhD students/candidates and postdocs in the Hebrew Bible, Second Temple Judaism, Dead Sea Scrolls, and related fields.
Good opportunity for International students to study in Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
The University of Groningen provides top-quality educational programs. They offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programs that rank well internationally. It has an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative institution of higher education.
Why at the University of Groningen- It is the second oldest university in the Netherlands and it has created a reputation for excellence. As a student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programs to choose from the university.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2020
University or Organization: University of Groningen
Course Level: PhD
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: International students
The award can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligible Countries: All countries students are eligible to apply for this application
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in PhD offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for most admission bursaries you must be:
- These opportunities are open for excellent PhD students/candidates and postdocs in the Hebrew Bible, Second Temple Judaism, Dead Sea Scrolls, and related fields.
- The financial aid positions will coincide with the residence of the 2020 Dirk Smilde Fellow, Professor Annette Yoshiko Reed, and the recipients will participate in the weekly research seminar led by Professor Reed, “Judaism, Christianity, and the Forgotten Past” (see below) as well as the intellectual community of the Institute and the Faculty.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to be eligible for this award, applicants must be emailed to newstudents.ucg-at-rug.nl no later than 1 February 2018- the email title must be: ‘Letter of Motivation – USP Scholarship’.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, please submit the following materials are Letter of interest, CV, Description of the proposed research project, Published or unpublished work related to the project, Any other materials that you believe would be useful in helping the selection committee evaluate your scholarship, (2) letters of recommendation.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The aid amounts to €1,000 per month. 2 financial aid positions will be offered for a duration of 3 months each, to be in residence October through December 2020.