Would you like to earn a PhD degree in a highly creative and exciting research atmosphere? Then you can apply for the PhD Positionsin Physics at the University of Copenhagen for the academic year 2021-2022.
The scholarship will give the students a chance to conduct research on a broad range of aspects within the science of complex phenomena in physics. Students that undertake study at the Faculty of Science of the University of Copenhagen are eligible and will receive a PhD grant and employment upon being selected under this programme.
The University of Copenhagen is a public research university and higher education facility in Denmark ranked 84th by the Times Higher Education 2021. The university is globally known to deliver leading teaching and research outcomes.
Why study at the University of Copenhagen? The University of Copenhagen enables its students to carry out research that expands horizons and contributes to moving the world forward. With an aim to strengthen the scientific basis for promoting health, and preventing and treating disease, students of Copenhagen get to carry out their research individually under supervision.
Application Deadline: 12th September 2021
- University or Organization: University of Copenhagen
- Department: Faculty of Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: DKK 333,464
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Denmark.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Denmark and all other foreign countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree study in Physics at the Faculty of Science of the University of Copenhagen is eligible to undertake.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an interest in the field of biophysical systems and machine learning.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to apply on the online platform of the university. Interested PhD can apply here for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover Letter detailing motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications
- 1-3 reference letters
- Example of code written by the applicants that they are proud of
- Admission Requirements: The applying candidates must hold an MSc degree in physics, mathematics, computer science, or any similar technical field with good results.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to have good English skills. They can provide proof of proficiency through the following:
- IELTS – 6.5
- CPE/CAE – Passed
- TOEFL IBT –83
The selected PhD candidates will be given a PhD grant worth DKK 6,243 along with a salary of DKK 333,464 and a minimum of DKK 54,191 for up to three years.