The University of Groningen is happy to announce the call for International PhD Scholarships in Seychelles Warblers & Long-Tailed Finches. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
The award assists talented and deserving international students who want to apply for the PhD programme at the University of Groningen. The scholarship winner will get an award amount of € 2,249 during their study.
Worthy offer for applicants in Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen enjoys an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative center of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Flexible study programme and academic career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the 32,000 students and researchers alike to develop their own individual talents.
Why study at the University of Groningen? GU provides candidates with real-world environmental learning opportunities. They practice transcribing and analyzing language and comprehending and critiquing theories and concepts. A linguistics degree is useful for teaching overseas, publishing, and government administration jobs.
Application Deadline: Students can submit their applications until 8 August 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Groningen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 2,249 per month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All international, as well as domestic students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD programme in Recombination rates in Seychelles warblers & long-tailed finches at the University of Groningen.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Holds a Master’s degree (or will graduate before appointment date) with distinction and one year of research during the Masters (see: https://www.mq.edu.au/(…)degrees/how-to-apply) in a relevant field, such as Evolutionary Biology
- Is curiosity driven and passionate about fundamental research in the context of genomics and senescence
- Has previous experience of bird ringing and conducting fieldwork in harsh environments (training will be provided)
- Has strong quantitative skills in statistics and bioinformatics (training will be provided)
- Has experience in extracting and analysing data from databases (e.g. Access) or large datasets (training will be provided)
- Is a team player, willing to work with a diverse group of researchers and technicians, and can also work independently
- Has strong communication skills and is motivated to disseminate results to both scientific peers and a broad audienceIs proficient in the English language (https://www.rug.nl/(…)ion/English?lang=en; https://www.mq.edu.au/(…)degrees/how-to-apply)
- Is strongly motivated to obtain a PhD degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to submit their admission application via the university application portal. A scholarship application can be made online.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- You can upload your complete application in English until 7 August 11:59pm / before 8 August 2022 Dutch local time (CEST). Combine all required documents in a single PDF file and upload it via the online application form (click on ‘Apply’ below on the advertisement on the university website to access the application form). Please use the following format to complete your application file:
a) Title page (1-page max.):
• Name of the applicant
• MSc degree and university
• Intended starting date (1 November 2022, EU candidates; 1 January, 2023 non-EU candidates/candidates not already in possession of an NL residency permit)
b) Cover letter (1-page max.): a letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation and qualifications to conduct this scientific research, and your expectations of the PhD programmec) CV (2 pages max.)
d) Academic records and a certified copy or scan of your MSc diploma (or equivalent; provide a certified University letter stating when your graduation will be between the application deadline and the start of the project)
e) Proof of sufficient competence in English (https://www.rug.nl/(…)sion/english?lang=en & https://www.mq.edu.au/(…)degrees/how-to-apply)
f) Names and contact details of two academic references
g) Initial research project ideaAdmission Requirements: The applicants must have a relevant master’s degree in for instance, artificial intelligence, computer science, speech technology, human-machine interaction, or a related field, with a strong interest in social sciences, or has a degree in social sciences.
- Language Requirement: The students must be fluent in English (both oral and written).
The University of Groningen will provide the successfully selected candidates a sum of € 2,249 per month for up to 4 years of PhD study.