If you want to enhance knowledge, build skills and nurture the competencies of journalists, Public Relations Officers, and health managers in all aspects of health reporting. Students must consider applying for the Twitter Scholarships in Health Journalism and Communication programme at Amref International University for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship programme has been organized in partnership with Twitter to offer full scholarships to Health journalists to do a short course on Health Journalism and Communication at AMIU.
Nice opportunity for African students in Kenya.
User Review( votes)
Established in 2017 as a Premier Pan African University of health sciences, the Amref International University is an institute wholly owned by Amref Health Africa. AMIU was founded on the experience and intellect of Amref Health Africa, which is reputed with over 60 years of quality and innovative public and community health interventions in over 30 countries.
Why choose to study at Amref International University? The Amref International University is applauded for its focus on training, research, and extension in health sciences with emphasis on promotive, preventive, rehabilitative, and palliative health and commitment to progressively develop innovative programmes catering to the present as well as future Africa and global health needs.
Application Deadline: Applications received any later than 3rd August 2022 will not be accepted.
- University or Organization: Amref International University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Short Course
- Award: Full scholarship
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Africa
- The award can be taken in Kenya.
- Eligible Countries: Africa.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: A short Health Journalism and Communication course offered at Amref International University can be applied.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be practicing African health journalists reporting on African health and medical issues.
- Applicants will be scored based on the quality of the content provided and their work as
health journalists in their respective countries.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must submit an application for the short course online and send the supporting documents to [email protected] to be considered for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit their resumes and links or attachments of health-related stories.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be identified as health journalists.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the programme they are applying for.
The applicants chosen by Amref International University will be provided the course fee worth KES 80,000/USD 800.