American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine organise International Physician Scholarship in the USA. Eligible physicians must permanently reside in low and middle-income countries as defined by World Bank.
The aim of the scholarship is to educate physicians and practice settings to achieve high levels of competency in hospice and palliative medicine.
User Review( votes)
American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) is the professional organization for physicians specializing in hospice and palliative medicine, nurses, and other healthcare providers. Since 1988, the Academy has dedicated itself to advancing hospice and palliative medicine and improving the care of patients with serious illness.
Course Level: The scholarship is available for physicians.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of medicine.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the following:
- This scholarship program provides financial support (up to $5,000) to scholarship recipients to cover ordinary costs associated with attending the Annual Assembly registration and travel-related expenses, including air fare, taxi fare, meals, and lodging. At the Annual Assembly, scholarship recipients will gain access to the latest clinical information and research updates in hospice and palliative care from leading experts in the field.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Members of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine AAHPM (free virtual membership is available to physicians who reside in a developing nation as defined by the World Bank as “lower or middle income” & HINARI list of eligible countries)
- Have not previously attended the Annual Assembly
- Are junior in their career with 2-10 years of experience primarily in palliative care., including as a resident or fellow focused on studying palliative care.
- Whose organizations are considered least able to afford this opportunity?
Nationality: Applicants of Armenia, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bangladesh, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Kyrgyz Republic, Sudan, Bolivia, LaoPDR, Swaziland, Cabo Verde, Lesotho, Syrian Arab Republic, Cambodia, Mauritania, Tajikistan, Cameroon, Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Timor-Leste, Congo Rep., Moldova, Tonga, Côte d’Ivoire, Mongolia, Tunisia, Djibouti, Morocco, Ukraine, Egypt, Arab Rep., Myanmar, Uzbekistan, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Vanuatu, Ghana, Nigeria , Vietnam, Guatemala, Pakistan, West Bank and Gaza, Honduras, Papua New Guinea , Yemen, India, Philippines,Zambia ,Indonesia, Samoa, Kenya and São Tomé and Principe can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be physicians.
English Language Requirement: Applicants need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV) – 2-page limit
- Prepare a one-page letter of recommendation and support from your supervisor or person of authority in your organization on your organization’s letterhead
- Complete the application in one of two ways:
- Complete the online application OR
- Download the application and submit the application, CV, and letter of recommendation to alundberg-at-aahpm.org
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 01, 2019.