James Cook University and Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment are providing the Destination Australia international awards. The grant is available for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The aim of Destination Australia international awards is to attract and encourage international and domestic students to study in Australia.
James Cook University is also known as Queensland’s second-oldest University. James Cook University offers undergraduates and postgraduate courses to international students. It is a public university situated in the North Queensland of Australia.
Why would you like to study at James Cook University? JCU offers online, short-term, pathways courses to undergraduates, postgraduate students. The University is a great place to engage with a wide variety of organizations for eligible students.
Application Deadline: February 5, 2021
- University or Organization: James Cook University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Any course
- Award: $15,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and domestic students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any course of two or three-year duration offered by the University. After, that must submit an online application form for the programme.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Must be an international student studying on a valid student visa.
- Must be a new commencing student in 2021 enrolled full time in any course of two or three-year duration.
- Applicants will be assessed on four criteria:
- Eligibility under the program guidelines, Response to Written Submission questions, Academic merit (applicable for Master’s applicants only), any other criteria that the Selection Committee deems appropriate.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you have an urge for this studentship, then you are suggested to take affirmation in any course at the James Cook University
- Supporting Documents: Must submit degree certificates, previous year CV with your application and written statement of no more than 600 words outlining:
- Why have you chosen to study at JCU and in a regional community?
- How you plan to contribute to the local community during your studies at JCU? and
- Why should JCU choose you to receive the Destination Australia Scholarship?
- Admission Requirements: To be admitted, seekers must have to check the entry requirement at the University.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language or mother tongue, you should provide evidence of your English language proficiency through one of the entry requirements or language tests.
James Cook University will provide the value of the scholarship will be $15,000 per year. Scholarship payments will be made in 2 equal instalments after the census date of Study Period 1 (March 25 2021) and Study Period 2 (August 26 2021).