In recognition of the leadership qualities in international students, the University of Texas at Austin is offering them the Jerry D. Wilcox Community Engagement Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
Students can take this award towards any undergraduate programme of choice at UTexas. The scholarship will be awarded purely on the basis of academic achievement and participation in campus and community organisations, mostly inclined towards leadership roles. Chosen candidates will be given $3,500.
Nice chance to get financial assistance in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The University of Texas at Austin is a provider of first-class education ranking among the 40 best universities in the world. UTexas aims to achieve excellence in the interrelated areas of undergraduate education, graduate education, research, and public service.
Why choose to study at the University of Texas at Austin? UTexas is very committed to academic excellence and teaching and research. It is a leading research facility that supports cutting-edge research in almost all disciplines of education. UTexas is highly preferred by not just domestic but also international students.
Application Deadline: Applications for the Jerry D. Wilcox Community Engagement Scholarship will open on 1st March 2022, and close on 1st April at 5 pm.
- University or Organization: University of Texas at Austin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $3,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate programmes taught at UTexas can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The students must demonstrate leadership in their undergraduate programme through academic achievement and other activities.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply to UTexas through the university portal or through the Coalition Application The applicants must submit an essay of involvement along with their admission application to be considered for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Essay of Involvement – What is your definition of promoting peace in Asia? Give examples. What organization/projects have you participated in that promoted peace? How do you plan to promote peace in your community based upon your experience here in the U.S.?
- High school transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Service project promoting peace in the community, either here in Austin or in applicants’ home country
- Admission Requirements: A minimum GPA of 3.0 and GRE or GMAT scores are required.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 79
- IELTS – 6.5
UTexas will offer the selected students $3,500 towards the fall tuition fee of the undertaken undergraduate programme.