The Johnson Scholarship Foundation is offering applications for its program administered by Scholarship America.
The award is open to high school seniors or graduates who plan to enrol or who are already joined in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university, community college or vocational-technical school in Florida.
Nice offer for high school seniors or graduate to get fund for undergraduate study.
User Review( votes)
The Johnson Scholarship Foundation funds scholarship and other educational programs which serve individuals demonstrating financial need.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
- University or Organization: Johnson Scholarship Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $1,000 to $10,000 for one year of full-time study
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: US Citizen
- The award can take in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Application open only in the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will award for undergraduate study in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The program is open to children of regular full-time or permanent part-time UPS employees with a minimum of one year of employment with the company as of the application deadline date.
- Applicants must be high school seniors or graduates who plan to enrol or who are already enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university, community college, state college, or vocational-technical school in Florida. Students may attend a proprietary vocational school as long as the school is accredited.
- Also eligible are children of UPS retirees and deceased UPS employees who were employed with UPS and met the stated employee requirements as of the time of retirement or death. Retirement status as defined by UPS, is leaving UPS at the age of 55 or older and receiving retirement benefits from UPS.
- The UPS employee must: 1) currently reside in Florida and have lived in Florida for the twelve months immediately preceding the application deadline date. 2) Be employed at UPS at the time the awards are announced.
- Regular full-time at UPS includes approved leaves of absence with or without compensation for military duty, holding union office, prolonged illness, maternity leave, and personal emergencies.
- A permanent part-time employee is someone who works 15 to 25 hours per week, fills a permanent vacancy and has completed their probationary period. (Union employee – 30 workdays and non-union employee – 30 calendar days.)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are necessary to submit an online application by creating an account.
- Supporting Documents: Current & complete transcript of grades in which show student name, grades and credit hours for each course, school name, and term in which each course was taken.
- Entry Requirements: Applicants must be children of regular full-time or permanent part-time UPS employees.
- Language Requirement: Candidates need to demonstrate English language proficiency in writing and speaking.
The Foundation will provide all the following benefits:
- Awards range from $1,000 to $10,000 for recipients appearing a four-year college or university for one year of full-time study.
- Grants range from $1,000 to $5,000 for recipients joining community colleges, state colleges, or vocational-technical schools for one year of full-time study.
- Awards may be used for educational expenses of undergraduate study at postsecondary institutions in Florida.
- A small number of grants may exceed these amounts; however, funding will not exceed total school costs.