The more skills and knowledge you acquire, the better opportunities will open for you. Keeping this in mind, the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology is offering Al-Khwarizmi Doctoral Fellowships in Saudi Arabia.
The main purpose of the doctoral fellowships is to help and support outstanding European students for the academic session 2021/2022.
Founded in 2009, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) offers educational and graduate training programmes in English as the official language.
Why would you like to study at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology? KAUST is Saudi Arabia’s first mixed-gender university campus. The University ranked among the world’s 500 fastest growing research and citation records in 2013. It was ranked 19th in the fastest growing universities for high-quality research performance in the 2016 Nature Index Rising Stars.
Application Deadline: February 11, 2021
- University or Organization: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Doctoral Fellowships
- Award: USD 38,000 annual living allowance
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: European students
- The award can be taken in Saudi Arabia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from Europe.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Doctoral Fellowships in any subject offered by the University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Must be European students for this fellowships programme.
- Applicants must either hold an MSc (or equivalent) degree in one of the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) or be in the final year of their MSc studies.
- Must submit a research proposal report.
- Must have demonstrated distinction in applicant’s previous studies. A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 on 4.0 scales or equivalent during the MSc studies is required.
- Must pass all KAUST admission requirements for the PhD degree program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, aspirants are needed to take admission to the University. After that, they have to register online for Fellowships.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to submit Letters of Recommendation academic records, curriculum vitae or resume, and the research proposal.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language or mother tongue, you should provide evidence of your English language proficiency through one of the entry requirements or language tests.
The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology will provide USD 38,000 annual living allowance, free tuition- fees, free student housing on campus, relocation support, and medical and dental coverage for the duration of the Fellowship and a supplementary award of USD 6,000 at the Fellow’s disposal for research-related expenses such as conference attendance.