Macquarie University is now inviting deserving candidates for its exciting International HDR Road to Research Scholarship. The studentship is open for the academic year 2024/2025.
The study award is open to outstanding students who want to apply for a master of the research program at the university. The Macquarie Master of Research Year 2 provides thorough research relevant training for candidates interested in shorter research projects or pursuing a research career.
Great offer to international students
User Review( votes)
Macquarie University is a public research university that is placed 195th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, with a 4.5-star overall rating. Through transformative learning and life experiences, it aspires to serve and engage students and employees.
Why choose to study at Macquarie University? Macquarie University is a world-class institution with world-class facilities, highly qualified graduates, and a reputation for interdisciplinary research and teaching excellence. It is regarded as one of Australia’s top research universities, and it prepares students for the future by encouraging and supporting them to gain practical skills in order to improve their job prospects.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023
- University or Organization: Macquarie University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research program
- Awards: Stipend plus tuition-fees
- Number of Awards:
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply to take MRes Year 2 program in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Are onshore in Australia at the time of application.
- Intend to reside in Sydney, Australia during their candidature.
- Meet the English Language Requirement for MQ HDR Programs at the time of application.
- Are enrolling as full-time students.
- meet the admission criteria for direct entry into MRes Year 2, for commencement in Session 1 2024
- Have a valid visa allowing you to commence your study in January 2024, at the time of application. Note that you will still be required to apply for a Student Visa prior to commencement, should your current visa not allow you to study in Australia until the end of the MRes program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must sign up on the university portal and log in to the online application system to apply. The applicants must select the scholarship type of “HDR Project/Supervisor Specific Scholarship” at the start of the application to apply for the opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official academic transcripts
- Grading scale
- Passport copy
- Research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The minimum overall GPA of the candidate on a scale of 7.0 should be 4.38 to get into a research programme at MU.
- Language Requirement: Applicants will need to demonstrate they have met the high level of English language proficiency required for our Research programs, through one of the given requirements.
Successful candidates will receive a tuition-fee offset for a 1-year maximum.
- A tuition fee offset for a maximum of one year
- A living allowance stipend of $35,000 for one year.