The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme and the Institut Français d’Etudes sur l’Asie Centrale are providing the Short-term Fellowships in France for postdoc researchers from Central Asia.
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France field inquiries, library, and archives work.
Founded in 1963 by Fernand Braudel in Paris, the Foundation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) supports research and knowledge dissemination in social sciences and humanities.
Why study at Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme? Recognized as promoting the public interest, the Foundation fosters innovative research, encourages interdisciplinary dialogue, and promotes the circulation of researchers and knowledge.
Application Deadline: December 10th, 2021
- University or Organization: Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme and the Institut Français d’Etudes sur l’Asie Centrale
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Fellowship
- Award: 4 800 € for the three months
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in France
- Eligible Countries: Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- This program is open to researchers originating from Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the IFEAC expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered. Research proposal, curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum), List of publications, copy of the Ph.D. diploma, letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin, letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate (“Kandidat” thesis) and presented their thesis from 2016.
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in German and English languages.
Students will receive a total stipend of 4 800 € for the three months (3 installments of 1 600 € paid at the beginning of each month of stay). This financial contribution from the FMSH is intended to cover living expenses and IFEAC covers travel expenses.
Besides, the FMSH and the IFEAC provide support for visa and logistical support to organize the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries…)