Scholarships make it easier to access education. Therefore, the University of Sydney is offering Maria Teresa Savio Hooke International Research Scholarship in Australia. The bursary is available for the academic year 2021-2022.
The funding program supports excellent students who want to pursue a postgraduate research program into the School of Languages and Cultures to research Italian studies.
The University of Sydney is a public research university that is regarded as one of the best in the world. It was also granted a Royal Charter by Queen Victoria in 1858. The university’s degrees were acknowledged as equal to those offered other institutions in the United Kingdom once it received the Royal Charter.
Why study at the University of Sydney? The institution will provide students with the skills, information, and values they will need to succeed in today’s quickly changing world. The golden beaches, world-class museums, great fresh food, and a calendar of exciting events and festivals will all be available to applicants.
Application Deadline: 30 July 2021
- University or Organisation: University of Sydney
- Department: School of Languages and Cultures to research Italian studies.
- Course level: Postgraduate research
- Awards: RTP stipend rate or tuition fees
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible countries: Application are accepted from around the world
- Eligible course or subject: Postgraduate research in the School of Languages and Cultures to research Italian studies.
- Eligibility Criteria: You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have an unconditional or conditional offer of admission or be applying for admission to study a PhD at the School of Languages and Cultures
- Be willing to research Italian studies.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the award, students must take admission in a postgraduate research degree at the university. After that, applicants must complete the application form for this opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must include the following:
- Academic transcripts
- Research proposal
- Personal statement
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirements: If the applicant’s native language is not English, students must have IELTS/TOEFL/CAE/PTE/CPE scores.
The University of Sydney will provide the award amount for students in the following manner:
Domestic student benefit:
- Full-time students will receive a stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend rate for up to 3.5 years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- Part-time students will receive a stipend allowance equivalent to 50 percent of the full-time stipend rate for the equivalent full-time duration outlined above.
International student benefit:
- Full-time students will receive academic course fees for up to 14 research periods, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- Part-time students will receive academic course fees for the part-time equivalent.