To recognize the academic excellence of students, Sweden America Foundation has brought very prestigious Master’s, Doctoral, and Research Scholarships in USA and Canada. The applications for the academic year 2022-2023 are now open.
Swedish national students are exclusively invited to apply for this scholarship programme. Students can apply to undertake master’s and doctoral studies and postdoctoral research in the USA and Canada. Scholarships can be applied for 6-12 months of study/research stay.
A great opportunity for Swedish students to complete their master’s, doctoral and research studies in the USA or Canada.
User Review( votes)
The Sweden America Foundation is a Swedish foundation that provides fellowships to younger Swedes for scientific and cultural work in the United States and Canada. The Foundation was established in June 1919 by the initiative of some scientists, business people, politicians, and other prominent Swedes at the time. Over the years, the Sweden America Foundation fellowship recipients have played an important role in Swedish industrial, political, and cultural life. They include scholars who later became professors and Nobel laureates, ambassadors, two Prime Ministers, politicians, and CEOs of some of Sweden’s most noted companies.
Application Deadline: The last application date is Thursday, September 15, 2022.
- University or Organization: Sweden America Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s, doctoral, and research
- Award: SEK 50,000
- Number of Awards: Various
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Swedish citizens
- The award can be taken inthe USA and Canada
- Eligible Countries: Sweden.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be Swedish citizens.
- Scholarships can be applied for in all subject areas.
- The applicant must arrange admission and all practical arrangements concerning the stay abroad, incl. insurance, visa, housing, etc.
- Scholarships can be applied for master’s, doctoral and postdoctoral studies in the United States and Canada.
- The studies for which a scholarship is applied must last for 6-12 months and at least two semesters for the current call period.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can submit their admission applications by logging in to the online digital application portal. Applicants should encounter any problems with the PDF file to be printed and signed, you must write an email and report this to [email protected], and we will send the PDF file with your application manually, if applicable.)
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the following documents:-Application form, which is first filled in and submitted via the digital application system.
- CV (max. three pages, including any publication list or reference list)
- Detailed study plan (Max 3 pages)
- Certified copies of diplomas and transcripts
- Three signed letters of recommendation.
- Identity card or copy of the passport that confirms Swedish citizenship.
- Receipt of paid application fee
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have required diplomas to undertake the degree programme. Applicants must have completed a basic degree from a university or college equivalent.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
The university will provide scholarship amounts are usually between approximately SEK 50,000 and approximately SEK 400,000. The scholarships are both merits- and need-based and should be seen as a contribution to financing the studies or the research stay.