The University of Melbourne is now accepting applications for up to 50 Melbourne Graduate Scholarships to high achieving students undertaking graduate study at the University. Citizens of a country other than Australia or New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia are eligible to apply.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning, and teaching and engagement. It is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 33 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-2016).
Applicants must have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of first class honours. The University of Melbourne TOEFL Institution Code is 0974. Please use this code so that your results can be reported to us. Some faculties may accept graduate students with a slightly lower IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English or CAE score.
- Application Deadline: No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue graduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study Agriculture, animal studies, food science and veterinary science; Architecture, building and planning; Commerce, economics and management; Computing and Information; Education, teaching and training; Engineering; Historical, philosophical, political and social studies; Language, literature and cultural studies; Law, legal studies and criminology; Sciences and mathematics.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship provides fee remissions of between 25% and 100% of tuition fees for the duration of your course.
- Nationality: Citizens of a country other than Australia or New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately 50 scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of a country other than Australia or New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia
- Have applied for an eligible graduate coursework degree
- Be commencing study at the University of Melbourne for the first time
- Not be in receipt of any other tuition fee remission scholarship or sponsorship which, in combination with the IPCA, exceeds 100% of tuition fees
- Not have received any other scholarship provided by the Australian Government in the last 2 years
Eligible graduate coursework degrees include:
- Any Master degree by coursework offered by the Melbourne Business School, Melbourne School of Design and Melbourne School of Engineering
- Master of Science in BioSciences, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Ecosystem Science, Mathematics & Statistics, and Physics, Master of Biotechnology, Master of Data Science, Master of Environmental Science, Master of Geography, Master of Geoscience, Master of Urban Horticulture and the Master of Forest Ecosystem Science offered by the Faculty of Science.
- Master of Teaching offered by the Melbourne Graduate School of Education
- Executive Master of Arts, Master of Translation and Master of International Journalism offered by the Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration offered by the Melbourne School of Government
- Melbourne Law Masters offered by the Melbourne Law School
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.