National Institutes of Health (NIH) is offering applications for the National Library of Medicine (NLM) Associate Fellowship for 2020-2021.
The NLM Associate Fellowship is a one-year residency program available for recent library science graduates interested in a career in health sciences librarianship. The program provides knowledge and skills as well as opportunities for professional development.
Great offer to get $57,510 funding for a one-year residency program in health sciences librarianship.
User Review( votes)
The postgraduate training fellowship is open to U.S. and Canadian library and information science professionals, furthermore graduate students completing their degrees.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) is a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. It is the largest biomedical research agency in the world.
Application Deadline: 24 January 2020, at 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time Zone
- Organization: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: One-year residency program
- Award: an annual $57,510 stipend and other benefits
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Up to five
- Nationality: U.S. and Canadian
- Awards can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications from the United States and Canada are accessible
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program is available for a one-year residency program starting September 1 and ending August 31.
- Admissible Criteria: The applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Reference Code: NIH-NLM-2019-0016
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in an ALA-accredited library/information science program, earned by August of the year of appointment or within two years. (Undergraduate degree can be in any major.)
- The United States or Canadian citizenship
- Note: Canadians with ALA-accredited Master’s degrees should use the same application process as U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens will receive first preference.
- Desirable, but not essential:
- Work experience in a library or health sciences environment.
- Must demonstrate interest or experience in leadership.
How to Apply
To Apply: All candidates must submit an application using the online application system, Zintellect: www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/NIH-NLM-2019-0016.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must provide Transcripts (Both undergraduate and graduate transcripts must upload), A current resume/CV (academic history, employment history, relevant experiences, and publication list must include), and Three references – educational or professional (one must be from a library school professor).
- Entry Requirements: Applicants must have or will have a Master’s degree in an ALA-accredited library/information science program.
The benefits of the program as the following:
- An annual stipend of $57,510
- Surplus funding to support the purchase of group health insurance
- Up to $1,500 in relocation care
- Full support for attendance at local and national conferences