The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) is inviting applicants for the NTU-SEARCA Joint Scholarship. The programme is open to nationals of SEAMEO member countries.
The scholarship programme aims to cultivate agricultural professional talents, encourage academic excellence, and promote research and development of agriculture within Southeast Asia.
Amazing chance for international students to fund their studies in the Philippines.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1966, SEARCA or the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture is one of the oldest among 26 specialist institutions of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization(SEAMEO).
Why should you apply for this programme? The Center commits to contribute and allocate resources toward the achievement of five SDGs that directly align with its mandate and focus, with greater emphasis on creating partnerships.
Application Deadline: November 20, 2020
- University or Organization: SEAMEO SEARCA
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters research
- Award: Tuition fees, travel allowance and others
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Philippines
- Eligible Countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Masters research degree programme in the following:
- Agri-Business Models for Increased Productivity and Income
- Sustainable Farming Systems and Natural Resource Management
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Transformational Leadership for Agricultural and Rural Development (ARD)
- Gender and Youth Engagement in ARD
- Enhanced ARD towards Climate Resilience
- EcoHealth/One Health Applications to ARD.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be nationals of SEAMEO member countries
- Must not be more than 35 years of age at the time of application
- Planned research must be aligned with SEARCA’s Overarching theme of Accelerating Transformation Through Agricultural Innovation (ATTAIN).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To grab this opportunity, applicants must fill out the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Submit the following documents:
- Original or certified true copy of BS diploma
- Certificate of employment (if employed)
- Two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for his/her thesis
- Two copies of passport-size photo of the applicant
- Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good physical and mental health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a previous degree certificate with excellent academic achievement.
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in written and spoken the English language.
Winners will receive the following:
- Tuition and other school fees;
- Travel allowance to cover international airfare;
- Book and supplies allowance;
- Health Insurance;
- Living allowance for food, lodging, and incidental expenses.