If you are a high-caliber international student with the ambition to change your future, then you can apply for the PhD Studentship in the School of Natural and Environmental Sciences at Newcastle University.
The award is available to the UK and international students who want to pursue the PhD degree programme at the university.
Nice chance for students in the UK.
User Review( vote)
Newcastle University offers a wide range of graduate and postgraduate degree programmes in several subjects. It has world-class teaching and research facilities, including large classrooms, high-tech lecture halls, well-equipped labs, extensive libraries, and large meeting spaces.
Why study at Newcastle University? Students may expect high-quality instruction that will challenge them and help them attain their full potential as students and educators while attending this university. The university will aid you in developing your ability to study independently.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Newcastle
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full fees and an annual living allowance of £15,609
- Number of Awards: One
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in the School of Natural and Environmental Sciences – “Green” Solar Cells
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must have a masters degree
- Applicants must have to enroll in the PhD degree programme
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply through the University’s online postgraduate application system by creating an account
- Supporting Documents: A transcript of your degree studies.
- Certificates to confirm your degree or highest qualification – if your degree is complete.
- Evidence of your English language ability.
- A copy of your passport.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- A research proposal for research programmes
- Admission Requirements: The applicant is expected to have a 1st class honors degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related subject
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must have an overall IELTS score of 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 in each sub-skill. Equivalent English language qualifications may be accepted.
The studentship covers total fees and an annual living allowance of £15,609 (2021/22 UKRI rate). Also, significant additional funding to cover research costs and local, national, and international travel (conferences and exchanges).