Awards provide students with an opportunity to be educated. So for supporting students, Brunel University London is offering the PhD Positionsin the UK.
This project is focused on developing aluminum metal matrix nanocomposites (Al-MMnCs) with elevated strength, stiffness, and other physical properties, compared to current Al alloys used in the automotive industry.
Founded in 1966, Brunel University London is a well-known university famous for its excellence in research and high-quality education. It is organized into three colleges and three major research institutes and ranked as the 93rd best university worldwide in the field of engineering and technology.
Why Study at Brunel University London? To support students with their academic, personal, and social life, Brunel provides them with a variety of courses, degree programs, educational opportunities, and facilities.
Application Deadline: August 27, 2021
- University or Organization: Brunel University London
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK, EU, and international
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in FLAMINGo: Direct Chill (DC) Cast and Extrusion Lightweight Aluminium Metal Matrix Nanocomposites
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate experience in Materials Science, Metallurgy and Materials Characterisation. You should be highly motivated, able to work in a team as well as independently, collaborate with others, and have good communication skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, aspirants must have to enroll in the PhD degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Submit the documents below to [email protected]:
- Your up-to-date CV
- Your 300 to 500-word personal statement summarising your background, skills, and experience
- Your Undergraduate/Postgraduate Masters degree certificate(s) and transcript(s);
- Your English language qualification
- Contact details for two referees, one of which can be a member of Brunel University academic staff.
- Admission Requirements: You will have or be expected to receive a 1st class or 2:1 honors degree in Mechanical, Structural, or Liquid Metals Engineering or a similar discipline. A master’s degree is not required but may be an advantage.
- Language Requirement: Applicants should hold an English Language proficiency qualification of or equivalent to an overall score of IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all sections).
Successful applicants will receive an annual stipend (bursary) of £15,609, plus payment of their full-time tuition fees for a period of 36 months (3 years).