Highly skilled students have a great way to manage their finances for a PhD degree by applying for this PhD Scholarships in New Horizon for Crop Disease Management offered by the University of Queensland for the academic year 2022-2023.
The main aim of this project is to assess the efficacy of Bioclay-delivered dsRNA for sustained protection against fungal pathogens. The project will include controlled environment bioassays and molecular investigations on the uptake and responses of selected crops and fungal isolates to the Bioclay-delivered RNAi molecules.
Get financial assistance to study in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1909, the University of Queensland is a public research university located primarily in Brisbane, the capital city of the Australian state of Queensland. It is one of the six sandstone universities, an informal designation of the oldest university in each state. The university offers associate, bachelor, master, doctoral, and higher doctorate degrees through a college, a graduate school, and six faculties. UQ was recently ranked 38th out of all the world’s universities.
Why choose the University of Queensland? The university has a positive impact on the community by pursuing excellence in knowledge creation, preservation, transmission, and application. Australian and international employers highly regard UQ qualifications, and our graduates are in demand throughout the world. It is the world’s Best practice and quality through solid research and development initiatives, excellent academic programs, and affiliations with other internationally renowned universities.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 28th February 2022
- University or Organization: The University of Queensland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate research
- Award: $34,627
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Domestic or International students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake a PhD study programme in the Agriculture and animal sciences, Science, and mathematics
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Candidates have to enroll in a higher degree by research program at the university.
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honors class IIA or equivalent; or
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean; or
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honors class IIA, will be considered on a case-by-case basis; or
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must first apply for admission to the postgraduate research programme at UQ. Contact Dr. Donald Gardiner ([email protected]) to discuss your suitability for this scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- An academic CV assists us in determining your readiness to commence a higher degree by research.
- An academic transcript
- A degree certificate
- References letter of recommendation
- Proof of citizenship if you are not a citizen of Australia or New Zealand by birth.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students must have to check the entry requirements of a postgraduate research degree at the university.
- Language Requirement: All applicants must have to meet the English language requirements.
Winners will receive the amount of $34,627 per annum (2022 rate), indexed annually in Australia.