The University of Groningen is looking for a student who wishes to design their PhD research project researching the Genomics of Senescence. It has established the PhD Scholarships in Quantitative Genetics of Senescence in Seychelles Warblers in the Netherlands for the academic year 2022-2023.
This PhD scholarship is a double degree at RUG and UEA, embedded for four years in the Seychelles Warbler Project offered at the University of Groningen. Selection will be based on the application and ensure that the selected students receive € 2,249 per month for up to 4 years.
This scheme will provide you with € 2,249 per month to achieve your dream of studying in the Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
The University of Groningen is a public research university in Groningen with a top 100 research university with a global outlook ranked 79th on the Times Higher Education ranking. Its mission is to empower and connect students, academics, and professionals to have a joint, positive impact on regional, national and global economic and business challenges.
Why should you study at the University of Groningen? The University of Groningen does ground-breaking and socially-relevant research that builds bridges between disciplines and closes the gap between science and society. It is the second oldest university in the Netherlands and has built excellence. It is also the university to accept the first female University student and the first female lecturer in the Netherlands, which indicates it holds women in high regard and is completely safe for women.
Application Deadline: Applicants must complete their applications by 30th January 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Groningen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 2,249
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands.
- Eligible Countries: Home country national and international students can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree studies in Quantitative genetics of senescence in Seychelles warblers at Groningen can be undertaken.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have experience extracting and analyzing data from databases (e.g., Access) or large datasets (training provided).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must submit admission applications online via the university application portal. The scholarship application must be submitted here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic records and a certified copy or scan of your MSc diploma
- Cover letter
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a master’s degree (or graduate before the appointment date) in Evolutionary Biology or a relevant field.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 67
- TOEFL IBT – 88
- C1 – 176
- Duolingo – 110
- C2 – 176
The selected students will be given a sum of € 2,249 per month for up to 4 years to complete their PhD degree qualification in the Netherlands at the University of Groningen.