Highly motivated aspirants are invited to apply for the PhD Position in Artificial Intelligence at TU Wien in Austria. The program is funded by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) for the session 2020/2021.
The funding opportunity assists students by providing employment for up to 3.5 years under the supervision of Dr Mantas Šimkus as a PhD advisor.
Nice offer for highly talented students in Austria.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1815, Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) is one of the most prestigious universities of technology in the world. It provides various courses, advanced facilities, well-qualified lecturers, and a welcoming environment for students from around the world.
Why would you like to study at TU Wien? At TU Wien, they have been conducting research, teaching, and learning for over 200 years. Here, students will experience new things in diverse fields and get opportunities for their future career destination.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2020
- University or Organization: TU Wien
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: 30.754 EUR per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Austria
- Eligible Countries: If you want to know about nationality, please directly contact the employer.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD program in Artificial Intelligence (Description Logics, Answer Set Programming, Knowledge Representation, and Reasoning, Reasoning about Actions and Change, Database Theory).
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other closely related fields.
- Must have a very strong study record, especially in foundational topics (like discrete mathematics, logic, logic programming, algebra, a theory of computation, computational complexity, combinatorics, graph theory, automata theory, data structures, and algorithms).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, all eligible applicants must send their application to Dr Mantas Šimkus (simkus-at-dbai.tuwien.ac.at).
- Supporting Documents: Must provide a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts (academic record) showing high performance in prior studies, abstract of the Master thesis
- and 2 letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: To become a part of this position, applicants must have a previous year degree.
- Language Requirement: Candidates should have excellent English writing skills.
The Vienna University of Technology will offer the following benefits:
- Provide employment for up to 3.5 years, with Dr Mantas Šimkus as a PhD advisor.
- Gross salary of approx. 30.754 EUR per year (approx. 22.506 EUR per year after taxes in basic circumstances)
- Candidates would join the LogiCS doctoral program, which offers top research expertise, and a stimulating and supportive environment.
- A research and study environment that is friendly and gender-balanced.