Many students dream of studying in the UK, but they are unable to do it due to financial barriers. To cover study expenses, the University of Edinburgh is offering Postdoctoral Fellowships in Physics and Astronomy for the session 2020/21.
The scholarship programme attracts outstanding researchers who want to study postdoctoral coursework at Edinburgh School of Physics & Astronomy.
Amazing opportunity that will help international students by providing high-quality research environment.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1582, the University of Edinburgh is Scotland’s most prestigious and oldest institution specializing in arts, humanities, and computer science as well. It has divided into three colleges, which collectively host 21 schools.
Why study at the University of Edinburgh? The university offers candidates with skills and knowledge to plan for their future career and successfully transition from student into professional. At this university, students will have a range of ways to study, from on-campus taught programmes to online part-time study.
Application Deadline: July 17, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
- Department: School of Physics and Astronomy
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Educational Fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Various
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree program in Physics and Astronomy.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the fellowship opportunities, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates are expected to have a PhD in Physics, Astronomy, or a related discipline, and in most cases a few years of research experience, as well as the ability to present clear evidence of their potential to undertake leading research.
- Applications from female and/or BAME candidates.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the fellowships, applicants first have to take admission in a postdoctoral degree program at Edinburgh School of Physics and Astronomy. After that, please submit a single pdf containing the following to fellowships-panel-at-ph.ed.ac.uk.
- Supporting Documents: Must submit a research statement (3 sides), CV (2 sides), and a list of your best 6 publications, together with a short statement as to your contribution to each paper.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must check the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: Students from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
The University of Edinburgh will offer a high-quality research environment and support for you in your fellowship application process for the session 2020/21.