The Chalmers University of Technology is seeking a postdoctoral candidate with expertise in frequency comb technology to fill the Postdoctoral Position in Micro comb technology and Applications. The position is open for the academic year 2021-2022.
Funded by the European Research Council, this project aims to investigate the potential of a new class of coherent microresonator frequency combs, namely dark optical solitons (or dark pulse Kerr combs), in advanced optical communication systems. Candidates that have relevant PhD qualifications are eligible.
User Review( votes)
The Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university centered solely on research and education in technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, maritime, and other management areas. Ranking 342nd in Best Global Universities, it aims to produce and spread knowledge, expertise, and solutions that benefit everyone.
Why choose to study at Chalmers University of Technology? The Chalmers University of Technology is a global institute of research that is making an impact on a sustainable future. At Chalmers, students learn to think independently, and to meet future challenges with the help of engineering methods.
Application Deadline: 31 October 2021
- University or Organization: Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Eligible Countries: Swedish students as well as other international candidates are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a postdoctoral in microcomb technology and applications at Chalmers.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be responsible enough to lead and conduct research and guide junior PhD students.
- The applicants must have solid experience with ultrafast optics (laser frequency combs), nanophotonics and finite element method solvers.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Application for the postdoctoral position can be made here. The application should be marked with Ref 20210433 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and be attached as pdf-files
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents at the university:
- Attested copies of completed education, grades, and other certificates
- Personal letter
- Admission Requirements: The applicants should have a PhD degree (or equivalent) in Applied Physics, Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have English proficiency equivalent to or above the Swedish upper secondary school English course 6. An internationally recognized English test is accepted.
The selected candidates will be offered full-time temporary employment for up to 2 years along with a competitive salary, excellent working conditions, and access to world-class facilities and infrastructure.