The University of Sydney has established the Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Neural Activity in Parkinson‡s disease to provide financial assistance to a PhD student undertaking research on the dual role of neural activity in Parkinson‡s disease. Applications can be made for the academic year 2022-2023.
The University of Sydney is open to applications from all international and national students willing to research neural activity in Parkinson’s disease. The students must be holding an admission offer for the applied PhD programme at the Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney to be considered. The Award will be dispensed as a stipend of up to $22,600 annually for three years.
Great opportunity for applicants in Australia.
User Review( votes)
This scholarship has been established to provide financial assistance to a PhD student undertaking research on the dual role of neural activity in Parkinson‡s disease.
Founded in 1850 as Australia’s first university, the University of Sydney is a public research university in Sydney, Australia. The University of Sydney is one of the best universities in Australia and is consistently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world and 41st in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney believes in education for all and leadership that improves lives in all communities it serves. The university is about progressive thinking, breaking convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
Application Deadline: 19th September 2022 is the closing date for applications.
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $22,600
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Home
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: Australian nationals and other foreign students can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD within the Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an offer of admission or be currently enrolled to study full-time in a PhD within the Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney.
- Conduct research into the dual role of neural activity in Parkinson’s disease.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All applicants must first apply for admission via the official online portal of the university. application form must be submitted separately online.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic Transcripts
- Cover Letter (detailing your interest in the subject area, limit to 2 pages)
- Two academic referee reports
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must be undertaking research on the dual role of neural activity in Parkinson‡s disease.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) – 7.0
- TOEFL iBT – 96
- PTE Academic – 68
The University of Sydney will award the winning PhD candidates a stipend allowance for up to 3 years according to the below schedule:
- Year 1 – US $21,525
- Year 2 – US $22,050
- Year 3 – US $22,600