If you are a high-achieving student with the ambition to change your future, you can apply for the PROMOS Scholarship which is presented by the Ranke-Heinemann Institute.
Domestic and International students are eligible to apply for this educational grant. Students who receive a PROMOS scholarship from their home university – regardless of the amount paid out – are funded for a semester or trimester stay at an Australian or New Zealand university.
Valuable chance to study in Germany.
User Review( vote)
The Ranke-Heinemann Institute supports you in finding a suitable university for studying in Australia, New Zealand or Canada. They support you with the application and advise you on the financing of your study abroad.
Application Deadline: July 31 of each year
University or Organization: The Ranke-Heinemann Institute
Course Level: Any degree
Award: 10% tuition fee waiver
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Domestic and International students
The program can be taken, Germany
Eligible Countries: Domestic and International students are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study in any degree programs offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: The applicants must be qualifying for the program:
- Students who receive a PROMOS scholarship from their home university – regardless of the amount paid out – are funded for a semester or trimester stay at an Australian or New Zealand university.
- Almost all Australian and New Zealand universities and all study programs are available (the only exceptions are the University of Sydney and Edith Cowan University). The Down Under grant cannot be applied for semesters abroad at these universities).
- Discounts on tuition fees and partial awards from individual Australian and New Zealand universities are, however, not a basic exclusion criterion. If the individual university agrees, the down-under grant also applies to reduced tuition fees. This depends on individual decisions.
- The Down Under grant only applies to tuition fees. There is no funding for exchange programs without tuition fees.
- Short stays, language trips, internships and other stays beyond semesters abroad or trimester abroad are not funded.
- The Down Under grant can only be claimed once and cannot be combined with the study allowance.
How to Apply
- How to apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, candidates must have fulfilled the application form to apply for this grant.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to prerequisite is the creation of an experience report (2 A4 pages plus photos) or blog for the semester abroad in Australia or New Zealand for publication on their website with full name, course of study and Host University.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English, as most of the programs are taught entirely in English.
- Benefit: This reduces tuition fees for a semester abroad in Australia and New Zealand by 10%, ie between 700 and 1200 Australian and New Zealand dollars, depending on the study program.