The studentships are a great way to pay for the education of needy students. Therefore, the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is offering Fully-funded PhD Studentships for the session 2021/2022.
There are three fellowships available to candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa who have a plan to start a research degree programme on 3 January 2022.
Great offer for Sub-Saharan African students to receive a fully-funded award for study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
In Bloomsbury, Camden, the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine [LSHTM] is a public research university. It is a University of London constituent college that focuses in public health and tropical medicine.
Why study at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine? This school is a world-renowned centre for public and global health research and postgraduate education. Here, you have a broad range of opportunities for a future job in the field of Medicine.
Application Deadline: July 11, 2021
- University or Organization: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Three
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan Africa students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A master’s degree in a subject appropriate to the course of study to be followed (recommended)
- A qualification appropriate to the course of study to be followed, in medicine, dentistry or veterinary studies
- An upper second-class honours degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in a relevant subject.
- Additional skills and educational requirements are specified for each project.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To get this Educational fund, you are recommended to take admission at the London School of Hygiene. Applicants should apply via the LSHTM Faculty (ITD, EPH or PHP) of the primary supervisor listed for their chosen project.
- Supporting Documents: Students must submit a CV, applicants should also include a personal statement in section 6 of the online form in which they describe their long-term career goals and their vision for contributing to research into hygiene and health in Sub-Saharan Africa, the research proposal should be uploaded as a supporting document in section 8 of the online application form.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have an upper second-class honours degree from a UK University, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in a relevant subject.
- Language Requirement: Students must have to meet the English language requirements of the university. If English is not your first language, you will need to meet these requirements.
The London School of Hygiene will cover study expenses in the following manner:
- Tuition fees at the LSHTM overseas fee rate for the duration of the research project (up to 4 years)
- An annual tax-free stipend equal to the UKRI stipend level(inclusive of London weighting)
- Up to GBP20,000 for research costs, travel and/or training