Don’t miss this opportunity to participate in the SDG Challenge Scholarships offered by the Science Foundation in Ireland. The application is now open for the academic year 2022/2023.
The SDG Challenge aims to develop transformative, sustainable solutions that will address development challenges under the UN SDGs in Irish Aid’s partner countries. Funding is available for collaborative research teams based in eligible research institutions in Ireland and partner countries. Successful teams will be awarded up to €300k and will work through a series of phases to develop their idea.
Nice chance for applicants in the Ireland.
User Review( votes)
Established in 2003, Science Foundation Ireland is the statutory body in the Republic of Ireland responsible for funding oriented essential and applied research in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics with a strategic focus. Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) is the national foundation for investment in scientific and engineering research. Ireland will be a global innovation leader in scientific and engineering study for the advancement of Ireland’s economy and society.
Why study at Science Foundation Ireland? Science Foundation Ireland funds excellent and impactful research and talent and shapes the future of Ireland through anticipating what’s next and widening engagement and collaboration. SFI also advances cooperative efforts among education, government, and industry that support its fields of emphasis and promotes Ireland’s ensuing achievements worldwide.
Application Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications to this call will be 22nd September 2022 (13:00 Dublin Local Time).
- University or Organization: Science Foundation Ireland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: €300k
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: South Africa, Ethiopia, Malawi, Uganda, Vietnam, Tanzania, Zambia, Mozambique and Sierra Leone.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in international development, development economics, or behavioral or social sciences to inform the adoption and impact of novel interventions offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Teams must include expertise in the STEM research area underpinning the proposed solution. Still, they should also include knowledge or experience in areas such as international development, development economics, or behavioural or social sciences to inform the adoption and impact of novel interventions.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the programme, aspirants must have to complete the online SDG Challenge Application Form (Team, Challenge, Solution, Impact)
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have required to submit Letters of Offer and SFI Policy documents or CV Template, References Template.
- Admission Requirements: The applicant must have studied or completed a recognized qualification with excellent grades.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your competence in written and spoken English.
|Phase||Funding (Direct)||Duration (Months)|