If you are interested in studying economics deeper, you can participate in the School of Economics PhD Studentships at the University of East Anglia in the UK. Applications for the academic year 2022-2023 are now open.
All international and domestic students that apply for a PhD study at the School of Economics will be considered for the award, which will be presented to the most promising research proposals and ones that demonstrate academic excellence.
This scholarship will alleviate the burden of study costs by covering full tuition fees in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1963, The University of East Anglia is a public research university in Norwich, England. UEA has been ranked 12th by The Times Good University Guide 2017 and 14th by The Complete University Guide 2019.
Why choose to study at the University of East Anglia? UEA is an internationally renowned university based on a top-quality academic, social, and cultural facilities. It is a premier research institution making a substantial impact on the global challenges facing society.
Application Deadline: Prospective students need to apply by the earlier deadline of 25th January 2022.
- University or Organization: University of East Anglia
- Department: School of Economics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: 4
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: All home country national students and overseas students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programmes offered at the School of Economics of UEA are eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be starting the PhD Economics programme in the Academic Year 2022/23.
- The applicants must hold the required qualification and documentation.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications need to make an admission application online and indicate that they wish to be considered for a studentship in the funding section of the application. A separate application is not required.
- Supporting Documents: The students must present academic transcripts and other documents required of international students.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a 2:1 in a Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree in a relevant field of study. Successful candidates are generally expected to achieve 60% or above in a Master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 67
- TOEFL IBT – 88
- C1 – 176
- Duolingo – 110
- C2 – 176
The successfully placed PhD candidates at UEA will be provided total tuition fees for Home or International students, a tax-free maintenance grant equivalent to UKRI studentship rates (currently £15,609), and a research training support grant (currently £750 per year).