Yong Pung How School of Law at the Singapore Management University is inviting students to apply for Assistant Professorship for the academic year 2021-2022.
The award intends to encourage academic excellence and attract the top talented students at the university.
The Yong Pung How School of Law is one of the six schools of Singapore Management University. It was set up as Singapore’s second law school in 2007. It offers a four-year undergraduate single Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree programme and a double degree programme combining the law degree programme with one of SMU’s existing non-law programmes. The school also offers a graduate Juris Doctor (JD) programme as well as a Master of Laws (LLM) programme.
Why study at SMU Yong Pung How School of Law? Yong Pung How School of Law has forged strong cooperation with leading law firms and technology companies. Its academic research focuses on cutting-edge issues of transnational commercial law in Asia, law and technology, and dispute settlement. SMU faculty members have diverse experiences in multiple jurisdictions and have published widely in leading international journals.
Application Deadline: 15 September 2021
- University or Organization: Singapore Management University
- Department: Yong Pung How School of Law
- Course Level: Assistant Professorship
- Award: Salary and other benefits
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Singapore
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Eligible Countries: Singapore
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Assistant Professorship in Law and Technology, Law and Sustainability, Criminal Law and Justice.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants should also have three substantive publications (published or accepted for publication), preferably in leading international academic journals.
- Work experiences in appellate courts, international organizations, law firms, or technology companies are preferred.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can contact Associate Professor Pasha Hsieh, Associate Dean (Faculty Matters & Research), at [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, a detailed CV including publications, soft copies of 3 recent representative publications, a 3-5 page description of research and teaching interests; and a list of 3 referees with full contact information to [email protected]
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have post-graduate degrees in law from reputable universities. Holders of graduate degrees in other disciplines or current lecturers/assistant professors in other jurisdictions will be considered if they possess outstanding publication records.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must need to demonstrate their English language ability by taking the TOEFL or IELTS test.
SMU will provide a highly competitive salary in addition to medical and other benefits. Professors at all ranks are also eligible for travel and research funding.