Soroptimist’s Live Your Dream Award is a wonderful opportunity for women and girls who want to improve their education, skills and employment prospects. This is a unique education grant to support students in reaching their full potential and live their dreams.
The award offset any costs associated with the efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation.
Valuable offer for students to get $1000 to $16000 for study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Soroptimist is a global volunteer organization that provides women and girls with access to the education and training they need to achieve economic empowerment.
Why at Soroptimist? The organization assists women from varied backgrounds and perspectives to work together to improve their lives.
Application Deadline: November 15 each year
- Provided By: Soroptimist
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree or vocational/skills training program
- Award: $1,000 – $16,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applicants resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for the opportunity must be received through the online system.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents should be submitted as part of your application:
- Plan who your references will be.
- Draft your personal statement: In 750 words or less, tell us how you think this could help you live your dream.
- Enter your contact information and application responses.
- Request two references from people who aren’t related to you (we recommend people you know from an education or work setting).
- Admission Requirements: You must meet the entry requirements for taking admission at the university.
- Language Requirement: Participants must be proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application.
Recipients have the potential to receive $1,000 – $16,000 to further their education:
- Award amounts vary, but club-level recipients receive an average of $1,000 from a local Soroptimist club.
- Local recipients then become eligible for a $3,000 or $5,000 region-level award.
- Region-level award recipients then become eligible for one of three international awards.