Applications are invited for the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship. The grant is open to the Candidates from Low Income or Lower Middle Income Country who must hold a completed and recognized Master’s degree from a university.
The aim of the program is to increase the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contribution to capacity building and poverty reduction in their homes.
User Review( votes)
ETH Zurich stands on the bedrock of true Swiss values. Located in the heart of Europe, to make connections worldwide, ETH Zurich is leading an effective solution to the global challenges of today and tomorrow.
Why at In ETH Zurich, students discover an ideal environment for independent thinking; researchers have a climate that inspires top performance.
- University or Organization: ETH Zurich
- Department: NA
- Course Level: The E4D Continuing Education program covers ETH Master of Advanced Studies (MAS), Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) and Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) programs.
- Award: Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF), Visa fees, Living allowance (2’000 CHF per month if the program is longer than 3 weeks. 800 CHF per week if the program duration is up to 3 weeks) and ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
- Access Mode: By Email
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Students from low-income countries are eligible to apply.
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2019, and November 30, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Students from low-income countries are eligible to apply: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde* (Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: All MAS, DAS and CAS programs at ETH Zurich are open for E4D Continuing Education Scholarships.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- To participate in this application , the Candidate must come from a country classified as Low Income or Lower Middle Income Country according to the DAC-list of the OECD
- The candidate must have been admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS program based on his/her academic and professional qualifications. Applications for the E4D scholarship scheme and the continuing education program can be submitted in parallel.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications must be submitted in electronic format to Patricia Heuberger, ETH Global: patricia.heuberger-at-sl.ethz.ch.
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents: CV6 of the candidate, MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s), Certificate of employment, 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the program and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond, Two professional references, Formal admission letter from the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS program (can be submitted after the application deadline).
- Admission Requirements: Candidate must hold a completed and recognized Master’s degree from a university.
- Language Requirement: English
The following expenses will be covered by the program:
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the program (2’000 CHF per month if the program is longer than 3 weeks. 800 CHF per week if the program duration is up to 3 weeks)
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)