The award is open to public school secondary students undertaking SACE stage 1 STEM subjects in 2020 and SACE stage 2 subjects in 2021. The program is designed to support students to achieve their best possible Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) through targeted financial support to pursue STEM subjects and pathways.
The best opportunity for public school secondary students to study a STEM program.
User Review( votes)
Every South Australian child and young person deserves the opportunity to be their best in life. With this purpose, South Australia Department of Education has committed to giving every chance for every child to have the best start in life and improve their chances of future success.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 6, 2019
- University or Organization: Government of South Australia
- Department: Department of Education
- Course Level: Any from the Government school
- Award: Cost of tutors, laptops, excursions or any other strategy
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: South Australian
- The award can be taken in South Australian
- Eligible Countries: Applications will be accepted only from South Australia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program is available in STEM filed – Mathematics (Methods or Specialist), Chemistry or Physics
- Admissible Criteria: To apply for this scholarship you must be:
- commencing SACE Stage 1 in 2020 with the intention of completing SACE Stage 2
- enrolled in a government school
- the holder of a school card (not required for Aboriginal learners)
- demonstrating an interest in STEM subjects (C minimum in year 10 maths and science)
- intending to pursue at least 1 of the following SACE Stage 2 subjects; Mathematics (Methods or Specialist), Chemistry or Physics
- willing to participate in a mentoring program held in a location other than the student’s school
- willing to participate in other activities that expand awareness of STEM careers
- willing to participate in activities that encourage a STEM learning mindset
- willing to attend a STEM scholarship induction with the teacher-mentor.
How to Apply
How to Apply: To complete the application process, applicants must download and submit 3 forms.
- Form 1: student information and nomination form: This form needs to be completed by the student along with their teacher-mentor and must include the budget items listed below.
- Form 2: teacher mentor support statement: This form needs to be completed by the teacher-mentor to support the student’s application.
- Form 3: principal support statement: The teacher-mentor arranges for the school principal to complete this form that supports the student’s application and provides information on how the mentoring will work in the school environment.
Benefits: The fund covers the cost of tutors, laptops, excursions or any other strategy that directly supports the student to achieve in their chosen STEM subjects and pathways.