The University of Strathclyde is eagerly awaiting applications from outstanding students for its Postgraduate Research International Scholarship in the UK. The educational programme is open for the academic year 2020/2021.
The PhD scholarship will focus on investigating the mechanisms at the micro/particle scale underpinning the process of crack formation in clay associated with air drying and/or exposure of the clay interface to gas at high pressure.
Founded in 1796, the University of Strathclyde is a well-known institution located in Glasgow, Scotland. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree level programs in a range of subjects but has a focus on technological and scientific studies.
Why study at the University of Strathclyde? At this university, students will be encouraged to challenge accepted thinking and explore their own interests through independent study. The university gives students to bring a range of skills that they have gained outside of their studies and support them in their career aims.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Strathclyde
- Department: Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: Home fee, Stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate research coursework in civil and environmental engineering, chemical and process engineering, and physics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have achieved a first-class or upper second class honours in a relevant degree, including Civil Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering/ Physics/ /Chemical Engineering/ Environmental Engineering or an equivalent qualification at Masters level.
- Must be highly motivated to undertake multidisciplinary research.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity , students must take admission in a postgraduate research degree programme at the University of Strathclyde. After that, they can send the following documents through email: Dr Matteo Pedrotti (matteo.pedrotti-at-strath.ac.uk) for this opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with their application.
- Admission Requirements: To grasp this opportunity, all applicants must meet the academic entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Students from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
The University of Strathclyde will provide a scholarship that covers full UK/EU PhD tuition fees for 36 months and a tax-free stipend of £ 15,285 per year for the full four-year duration. International Students applying must be able to provide evidence and pay the difference between the UK Home Fee and the International Fee.