Applicants are invited for Malaysia Post Graduate Fellowship to pursue a residential training programme and Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE).
The fellowship is an intensive, full-time, fully-paid, two-year leadership development programme where Fellows go through rigorous training to be equipped with the right skills, experience and mindset to drive our mission.
A fine program for candidates
User Review( votes)
The aim of the fellowship is to support Malaysian students who want to pursue two months of intensive residential training and Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) which qualifies you to continue your career in teaching after the two years.
Teach for Malaysia is an independent, not-for-profit organisation on a mission to empower our nation through education.
Applications Deadline: Closed
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue a residential training programme and a postgraduate diploma
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
Award: Fellows will receive a full-time teacher’s salary that is competitive with entry-level positions in other companies.
Number of Awards: Number of fellowships is not given
The award can be taken in Malaysia
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Be a Malaysian citizen
- Be aged 32 years or younger
- Possess a minimum grade of credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any non-education discipline
- Not possess an Education Qualification to teach in public schools
- Have a strong academic track record (minimum CGPA of 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper or equivalent.
- Fresh graduates and working professionals are welcome to apply.
Malaysian Applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowships.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any non-education discipline.
Fellowship will cover the following:
- It is an intensive, full-time, fully-paid, two-year leadership development programme where Fellows go through rigorous training to be equipped with the right skills, experience and mindset to drive our mission. During this time, Fellows will confront and tackle a host of challenges, learn to adapt their plans in order to achieve their goals, engage with different stakeholders to work towards a shared vision.
- Fellows will receive a full-time teacher’s salary that is competitive with entry-level positions in other companies.
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply via online:
- The process from your initial online application until your assessment centre should take between 6-7 weeks. Your progression through the next stages is dependent on the time of year.
- Online Application:
- Fill in the form and submit your resume along with a few personal reflections.
- Phone Interview:
- Let us get to know you better through a conversation with one of our interviewers.
- Assessment Centre:
- Prepare and teach a sample lesson to a mock class, participate in a group discussion and attend a one-on-one interview.
- The Eligibility Test of the Prospective Teacher (UKCG):
- Conducted by the Ministry of Education. Shortlisted candidates must be in Malaysia to sit for this exam. This takes place from February onwards.
- School Orientation Design (ROS):
- Candidates shadow a Fellow for a week to gain practical experience and insight into classroom learning.This takes place during May-September.
- Pre-Service Programme (PSP):
- Candidates attend a residential training institute to develop core leadership, hone teaching skills and prepare for the Fellowship.
- This takes place from late October until December.