To support the recruitment of international PhD candidates, the Free University of Berlin has decided to award deserving international students the Test Scholarships. The scholarships are open to being taken in Germany for the academic year 2022-2023.
International students alone can make applications for this scholarship scheme. PhD degree programme applicants are eligible. Interested students must submit a CV and a proposal to be considered and win this scholarship award worth EURO 1,300.
This scholarship programme includes amazing benefits that will make your university journey more memorable.
User Review( votes)
The Free University of Berlin is a public research university in Berlin, Germany. Ranking 111th in Best Global Universities, its goal is to broadly integrate sustainability issues into the university curriculum and to implement the concept of Education for Sustainable Development.
Why choose to study at the Free University of Berlin? The Free University of Berlin has been one of the German universities of excellence since 2007 and is leading in research and teaching. The university is recognized as an excellent university in both rounds of the previous competition, the German Excellence Initiative, in 2006/2007 and 2012.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for the Fall and Spring semesters is 1st April 2022 and 1st November 2022 respectively.
- University or Organization: Free University of Berlin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: EURO 1,300
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake PhD degree study programmes at FU Berlin.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must submit a project report to the Center for International Cooperation within six weeks of project completion.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Doctoral candidates need to submit an online application form for admission. The students must submit the scholarship application form and a CV to [email protected] in order to apply for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to submit a CV.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the formal PhD requirements of the university and submit a project report to the Center for International Cooperation within six weeks of project completion.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- ILETS – 4.5 to 5.0
- TOEFL PBT – 450 to 500
- TOEFL CBT – 130 to 170
- TOEFL IBT – 60 to 80
- UNICert – I to II
Selected PhD candidates will be given this scholarship consisting of a monthly scholarship of EURO 1,300 (maximum of three months) and a travel allowance.