The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is offering the MQA bursary scheme in the field of mining and minerals sector for the candidates across South Africa. The Bursary covers full tuition, accommodation, meals and book allowances.
The bursary is available for students enrolled in careers identified in the scarce and critical skills list, particularly in core mining-related disciplines. Students should have strong academic records.
Amazing opportunity for applicants.
User Review( votes)
- The bursary is only available for South African Citizens.
- The bursary is only available to persons who are currently employed in the Mining and Minerals
- Preference in the awarding of the bursary will be given to historically disadvantaged applicants
based on a weighting system based on the following criteria: gender, disability, appropriateness of
the qualification in relation to the Mining and Mineral Sector as well as academic performance.
- The bursary is only available to applicants who want to pursue their studies at a South African
university and university of technology. Applications to study at a private institution will not be
- The awarding of the bursary is at the sole discretion of the MQA and communication will only be
entered into with the pre-selected candidates. The MQA also reserves the right not to award a
bursary to any pre-selected candidate(s).
- Successful candidates will be required to enter into a bursary contractual agreement signed
between the candidate and the MQA.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: The students of South Africa can apply for this application .
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The application form must be submitted Together with all the required supporting
- Completed application forms with the required supporting documents can be hand-delivered at,
or posted to one of the following address
- Gauteng 7 Anerley Road, Block C, Parktown, 2193
- Postal address: Private Bag X118, Marshalltown, 2107
- Eastern Cape: King Sabata Dalindyebo TVET College, R61 Queenstown Road
- Cicira Village, Mthatha,
- Free State: Goldfields TVET College, 14107 Ndaki Road, Tosa Campus
- Limpopo: Sekhukhune TVET College, CN Phathudi Campus
- Stand No. 2659, Praktiseer,
- Mpumalanga: Nkangala TVET College, Mpondozamkomo Campus,
- 1 Moses Kotane Drive, Ferrobank,
- North West: Old Shopping Complex, 53 Karee Street, Mooinooi
- Northern Cape: Northern Cape Rural TVET College, Kathu Campus,
- Hans Coetzee Drive, Kathu,
The bursary scheme covers tuition and registration fees; residence fees or out of residence living costs; books; stationery; and toolkit allowance per bursar per semester.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020